1. Why are nurses concerned about workplace health and safety?
How do these ideas relate to patient safety and outcomes?
2. What should you do if you encounter an angry or hostile coworker?
3. Why is substance abuse among nurses such a serious problem? What is the best way to deal with a suspicion that a coworker is abusing a dangerous substance?
4. What is the most common physical injury that LPNs and nursing assistants suffer? How can a nurse manager assist employees in avoiding workplace injuries?
5. Give several examples of workplace sexual harassment. Discuss how to handle these situations.
6. In your current clinical rotation, review the policies and procedures on the following safety issues. Compare yourself to the other students in the class. What are the parallels and differences? What does this mean for workplace safety?