1. What historical, social, political, and economic trends and issues have influenced today’s health-care system over the last century?
2. What is the goal and procedure for assessing the three aspects of health care: structure, process, and outcome?
3. How does technology help patients and the health-care system?
4. How can you intervene to improve care quality and safety in the health-care system and at the bedside?
2. Choose one nonprofit or government agency that influences and advocates for quality improvement in the health-care system. Investigate the website of your chosen organization/agency and respond to the following questions:
What does the organization/agency do to support the quality hallmarks? •
What have the outcomes been for patients, facilities, the health-care delivery system, or the nursing profession as a result of their efforts?
How has the organization/agency influenced the facilities where you work and your own professional practice?