Read Chapters 6 and 7 attached and write a 500-word APA-style document answering the following questions. at the very least include references
1. Discuss the significance of effective communication in personal relationships, therapeutic relationships, and interprofessional health-care team relationships.
2. Can you identify any similarities or differences between the interactions described above?
3. Describe the concept of verbal and nonverbal communication congruence.
4. There are numerous pitfalls associated with electronic communication. Identify a situation in which electronic communication could lead to a miscommunication. What other mode of communication would have been more efficient?
5. How have you seen ISBAR used in clinical settings?
6- Create a hand-over report for yourself. Include any items that you believe are important for providing safe and effective nursing care. To create this report form, refer to the information in the chapter. Determine the effectiveness of the system currently in use on your unit for communicating shift-to-shift reports using the information from the chapter.
7-Dr. Roberts enters the nurses’ station and demands, “Where are Mr. Adams’ lab reports?” I ordered these right away, but they haven’t arrived! “Who is in charge of this patient?” How would you, as a nurse, react?
8-Demonstrate the concept of accountability in delegation. What are the legal implications of delegation accountability?
9. Dennie and Elias arrive for the 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. shift. Both nurses finished their orientation four weeks ago. They discover that they will be the only two registered nurses on the floor that night. There are 48 clients on the list. The remaining personnel are two NAPs/UAPs and one LPN. What are the duties of the RN, NAP/UAP, and LPN? Can Dennie and Elias effectively delegate client care tasks while also providing safe care for all 48 clients? Make your decisions using the Delegation Tree.
10. Distinguish the distinctions between direct and indirect delegation.
1. You must follow the following delegation procedures in your assigned unit:
A-What factors does the RN consider when delegating patient care?
2-You must examine the unit census and prioritize patient care:
A- Explain why you made your choices.
3.During your clinical experiences, answer the following questions:
a. What specific tasks did your patients require that you could have delegated?
b. How good was your nurse/preceptor at delegating tasks to others?
c. How did your nurse/preceptor ensure that the tasks were done safely and correctly?