Evaluate a primary, quantitative research, peer-reviewed journal article with healthcare implications (suggested length of 3â€”5 pages) by doing the following:
Note: You may choose an article focusing on any healthcare topic or one of the following topics: falls and fall prevention, pain management in children, opioid abuse, hepatitis C, catheter-associated urinary tract infections, or hand hygiene and infections in hospitals.
1. Describe how the researcher addresses the four areas listed below in the chosen journal article:
background information or an introduction (e.g., the purpose of the study)
study of the literature (e.g., research used to support the study)
data examination (e.g., how the researcher analyzed the data)
approach to methodology (e.g., research type and sampling methods)
2. Determine whether the evidence presented in each of the four sections of the journal article in Part A1 supports the study’s findings and implications for future research.
3. Using specific information from the journal article from Part A, explain how the researcher addressed human subject protection and cultural considerations.
4. Describe one study’s strength and one study’s limitation.
5. Explain how the evidence from Part A’s article informs current nursing practices.