Develop a critical and reflective approach to nursing practice.
Write a case study
How to write a case study please read this as this is expectation from course coordinator
TITLE: Understanding Law, Ethics, Professional Guidelines and their Relationship to Nursing Practice
Length: 2000 words (+/- 10%) including in text referencing but not your reference list
Select one of the three discussion board scenarios. Identify the main issues inherent in the scenario and make appropriate recommendations to address these issues.
It is expected that your essay will address/contain the following information:
- Your immediate and subsequent actions as the witnessing nurse (these actions need to be supported by literature)
- An overview of the relevant sections of the Australian National Competency Standards that apply and why
- The possible legal/ethical implications
The NUR 120 Learning Outcomes addressed by this assignment include:
On completion of this unit a student should be able to:
- Critically reflect on the values and characteristics of professionalism that contribute to health care through collaboration, cooperation and therapeutic communication;
- Articulate the key principles underlying ethical, legal and professional guidelines and codes that underpin the practice of registered nurses in Australia.
- Demonstrate developing skills in academic and information literacy that provide a foundation for evidence based nursing.
- Articulate and define the NMBA Competency Standards, Codes of Ethics and Codes of Practice for the Registered Nurse.
- Develop a critical and reflective approach to nursing practice.