A. Examine and discuss health information systems by doing the following:
1. Summarize the benefits and drawbacks of a system, including the following:
2. Describe the impact of a system on patient care and documentation.
3. Describe how using a system to access information affects the quality and delivery of nursing care, as well as patient outcomes.
B. Explain how a system will benefit the organization by addressing the following points:
1. Describe two ways in which quality improvement (QI) data collected from a system can lead to measurable improvements in health care services and the health status of specific patient groups.
2. Describe how a system will meet HITECH and HIPAA security standards and regulations, such as the following:
â€Integrity of data storageâ€
â€Backup and recovery of data
3. Describe how a system will safeguard patient privacy.
4. Explain how implementing a system will improve organizational efficiency and productivity by addressing the following organizational factors, including the following:
â€Standardization of documentation
â€ human and capital resourcesâ€ â€ â€ â€ â€
C. Identify four key stakeholder roles required to form an interdisciplinary team to work on system implementation, including the following:
â€each team memberâ€TMs organizational title
â€The role of each team member in the implementation of the health information system
â€Each team memberâ€TMs expertise and how it contributes to the project’s success
D. Describe your strategy for assessing the success of a system’s implementation by incorporating two professional organization standards.
E. Cite sources for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized using in-text citations and references.